September 01, 2009

Why The Librarians Hate Me

You see, in the summer of 2008, my friend (Chrissy, a.k.a. Twilight Girl from Twilight Girl's Stuff, formerly Observations) and I went to the library. We headed for the Teen's Section and completely wiped it out. She got twelve books, and I got thirteen. They were due in August. I returned four in September/October and renewed the others. They were due in early November. Guess when I returned the other nine.

July, 2009.

I just dropped the books in the book drop, but I don't think I'm allowed to get anything from the public library until I pay off my debt of (lemme calculate. The equation is (.25 x 9)(9 x 30)+4. Because it's 25 cents a day, for nine books. That times nine months times thirty for the thirty days in the months. That plus four for the months with 31 days.) SIX HUNDRED ELEVEN DOLLARS AND 50 CENTS????

I didn't see that coming. I was expecting something more around $100.

So, as you can imagine, the Ladies of The Library and I aren't on very good terms...and I'm afraid of going in there...and I still have one more book to return which has so far added $7 to my debt.

Yeah.

And that, my dear readers, is why the librarians don't like me.

Your Overdue Blogger,
Nadia

2 comments:

Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

Oy, that's a big late fee. O_O

I think the latest I've ever returned a book was, like, two or three days.

Nadia Murti said...

Lucky child.