April 18, 2011

Why Don't Tongues Get Tired?

I run a mile--

HA! says the malicious reader.

Fine, I run a hypothetical mile.

Not even in your nightmares.

OK! I run the length of a football field and my legs start to feel tired. I pick up my million ton backpack--Anything to say, reader?

No, even I know that your backpack is monstrous.

You would know about monstrous. BURN. Anywhom, then my arms get tired.

So how come if we talk for hours, our tongues never get tired? Our tongues are muscles, and we have feeling in them, and we use them so often, that it must get sore sometime.

Then again, because we use it so often, maybe it's just incredibly muscly. Does that mean that a mute person's tongue would feel sore after a bunch of tongue-anaerobics? Don't look at me like that, it makes complete sense.

Even so, every muscle gets tired eventually. Everyone, your homework is to do a few push ups with your tongue. Report back. I'm sure my hypothesis will hold.

Your Overthinking Blogger,
Nadia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should ask the Frenchers of the world. After we carefully watch them use Scope three times in a row, that is. notafrencher