June 01, 2011

Diary of a Freshman: Finals

Remember how in middle school, you'd take a couple tests, give a few presentations, then did almost nothing for about three weeks? Well, high school is nothing like that. You use every last day of class to learn material, and on the last or penultimate day of class, you take your final. It's crazy. It's stressful. It's sleep-depriving. However, you can save yourself.

Do not make my mistakes.

If all of your finals are easy, at LEAST review the subject somewhat. Believe me, you won't regret it.

Also, you may want to set multiple alarms so that you don't oversleep on the day of your French final...like I did. (I didn't miss it though!)

If you are given a study guide, do it quickly. My way of studying for the math final was learning everything that my teacher failed to teach, and I don't think doing it all the night before helped much.

Pack your backpack before you sleep. If you're like me, you'll forget your calculator and evidence of extra credit. Believe me, it sucks.

Basically, be prepared for a very stressful week. Don't get too bummed out, though. They position the hardest week of the semester right before summer, because you spend so much time studying that you go into a coma for the first week of summer break. Finally, you are able to just rest!

Wait, no, that's a lie, because you have a summer math assignment. Seriously, I'm not kidding.

Well, have fun with that!

Your Final-Taking Blogger,
Nadia.

No comments: