May 25, 2010

LOST Series Finale

I watch the first three seasons of LOST, then was overwhelmed by the confusing storyline. I couldn't even think it through to find out what was going on, because ever since the pilot, I knew that nothing would ever make sense. I mean, Locke's lower-body paralysis was reversed by crashing on a beach? Impossible. This showed, of course, that nothing else in the show had to be logical or possible.

Anyway, I watched that series finale after having been caught up through tv shows, articles, and videos like, "LOST in 3 minutes." Now, I'd like to discuss it with you.

First off, there were way too many commercials. About and hour and a half of the two and a half hour episode were commercials. Also, I think it raised more questions than it answered. Here's a list of questions answered by the finale:

1. What's up with Smoky.
2. How the alternate universe combines with the other universe.

Questions raised:

1. What's with the glow-y light in the water-y cave.
2. How the Smoke Monster came to be.
3. What "rules" held Smoky on the island.
4. Is this show to be considered fantasy/sci-fi?
5. Why did Jack get a bloody neck at the same time that Alternate Universe Jack got a bloody neck. That didn't happen to anyone else, and it was never brought up again.
6. What happened to Walt and his dad??? They weren't in either universes, but their dog was!
7. Is the Alternate Universe some kind of heaven?
8. The Alternate Universe people could remember the Universe people, but why couldn't the Universe people remember the Alternate Universe people?
9. How is Christian Shepard alive in the Alternate Universe?
10. Do they really think that they can pass this off as an acceptable end to a crazy show like LOST?

This series finale gets the "Worst Finale Ever" award.

Congratulations.

Your Dissatisfied Blogger,
Nadia

2 comments:

Emily said...

I stopped watching LOST after the first season. A Series of Unfortunate Events kind of turned me off of the whole "we'll raise a million questions just to keep you reading/watching" thing. Especially when I realized almost none of the questions would actually be answered.

By the way, hi! I followed you forever ago after seeing your comments on a lot of author blogs. I hope I don't scare you.

Nadia Murti said...

Not at all, Emily! :)