June 10, 2009

3 Reviews

Okay, last night/this morning (it was 2:30 a.m.) I finished Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover. I wanna review that one first.

DON'T JUDGE A GIRL BY HER COVER by ALLY CARTER
This book, in a word, is breathtaking. It had everything! It was fast-paced, it kept you guessing, there was a little bit of romance (not nearly as much as there was in the other books), there was so much [realistic] character development, and it was all so EXCITING!

But I noticed that I couldn't find three of the mini-excerpts in there. I couldn't find "Someone grew up." or "For such a sunny day it was dark under the bleachers; for such a screaming crowd the noise seemed very far away." or "Yes," I replied, reaching to grip his bicep."

Also, there was one editing mistake which always angers me greatly. It said

My throat felt strange. as I said it.

SO aggravating, but at least there was only one.

And, as promised, all the danger is real. It all felt real, too. Ally Carter is such a good author! She had me crying for the last 30 pages! (And I'm not the crying type.)

Yeah, so if you haven't read this book, YOU NEED TO! This is probably now my favorite book EVER!

9.5 Stars out of 10!

DEVILISH by MAUREEN JOHNSON
It was a good book. I liked the characters (especially Lanalee). I'm a little sad that they didn't go more into things about Lazuraus Fields, and more about how demons work, and such, but the book was still understandable without these things.

I recommend this unique book, although there were a few editing errors.

7.7 Stars out of 10!


GENERATION DEAD by DANIEL WATERS
This book was very unique. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but that's because it was better. I really like Adam's character, and Pete's perspective was interesting. I wasn't so happy with the ending, though.

Oh, and the editing was terrible. Once they did one of these numbers (I'm making up the sentance because I forgot the original one):

She took a deep breath There were screaming people everywhere.

And this:

...?," she said.

Isn't that SO annoying???????

8 out 10 Stars!

Your Obsessive Reader,
Nadia

P.S. The next reviews will review Audrey, Wait!, An Abundance of Katherines, A Little Friendly Advice (why so many A books?), and The Luxe.

2 comments:

Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

I want to read Devilish. My sister bought a book by Maureen Johnson a few years ago (that she never finished), and I tried reading it, but it wasn't my thing. So now I'm not sure I want to buy a book by her because I'm afriad I won't like it (and I hate wasting money on books I don't like).

I'm going to avoid all reviews of DJG until I read it. I don't want to spoil anything! >_<

TheBookBabe said...

I want to read it soooooooooo bad!
But..alas...i can't :(((
Not right now anyway...

I WANT TO READ IT!!