June 18, 2009

60 Best Books and 40 Best Comments

I promised a Top 100 List, and you've got it. Thank you, Michaela, for all the suggestions.

I've decided to do a Top 100 Best Books List.

Okay, never mind. 100 books is too hard. How about 60 Best Books and 40 Best Crazy Little Thoughts (Comments).

TOP 60 BEST BOOKS

#1-Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
#2-Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover by Ally Carter
#3-Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
#4-A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
#5-Wicked by Gregory Maguire
#6-Ophelia by Lisa Klien
#7-A Charmed Death by Madelyn Alt
#8-I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
#9-Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
#10-Something Wicked by Alan Gratz
#11-The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
#12-The Giver by Lois Lowry
#13-Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
#14-Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors
#15-Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
#16-White Is For Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz
#17-Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
#18-The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
#19-Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy by Ally Carter
#20-Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
#21-13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
#22-How To Be Bad by Lauren Myracle, Sarah Mlynowski, and E. Lockhart
#23-The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong
#24-Devilish by Maureen Johnson
#25-Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita
#26-No Rest For The Wiccan by Madelyn Alt
#27-Girl Overboard by Aimee Farris
#28-The Black Sheep by Yvonne Collins and Sandy Rideout
#29-New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
#30-Zombie Queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby
#31-And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
#32-Blue Is For Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz
#33-The Truth About Truman School by Dori Hillestad Butlter
#34-Breaking Up by Aimee Friedman
#35-Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
#36-Gilda Joyce: Psychic Investigator by Jennifer Allison
#37-You Don't Know Me by David Klass
#38-Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
#39-Breath My Name by R. A. Nelson
#40-P.S. I Loathe You by Lisi Harrison
#41-Silver Is For Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz
#42-Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
#43-Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
#44-Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
#45-Sense And Sensibility by Jane Austen
#46-Graveyard Moon by Carol Gorman
#47-Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
#48-Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
#49-Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
#50-Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
#51-The Finnish Line by Linda Gerber
#52-Pardon My French by Cathy Hapka
#53-Red Is For Remembrance by Laurie Faria Stolarz
#54-The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
#55-Evermore by Alyson Noël
#56-Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
#57-The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Series #2) by Carolyn Keene
#58-The End (Series of Unfortunate Events #13) by Lemony Snickett
#59-Messenger by Lois Lowry
#60-Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

What I did here was take every book I've read (and remember the plot of) off my shelf and put them in order of how much I liked them. If I sometimes put an entire series as one item, it's because I didn't remember what happened in specific books, but I remember the main point of the series.

TOP 40 BEST CRAZY LITTLE THOUGHTS

I agree with you about zombies. The only thing that worries me is that zombies may want to enslave the human race, but lets not let that get us down! -Vampire Girl

You can't be any weirder than I am, I think nerds are hot (especially computer guys :) -BookSnob

When my socks disappear it's probably just because my sister stole them. >:|
But that still leaves the question of what happened to my sister's socks that made her need to steal mine? -Dahlia

Nadia, I have found your blog to be refreshingly funny.:D -Dame Orchid

I never had any imaginary friends when I was little. I wanted imaginary friends, I tried to make some, but I always forgot about them after about fifteen minutes. I think I even felt silly making people up.
It's kind of strange how unimaginative I was about that considering I'm a writer now. I think of a new character at least once every three weeks, even if I don't have a book planned for them. In fact, I probably have more imaginary people running around my mind now than I ever did as a child.
But I agree with you about them being good. I think that may have been part of why I wanted one so much. I really like the friends on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I think my favorite is the one that lived in the toy chest from the movie that premiered around Thanksgiving.

Man, I'm really long-winded today. -Dahlia

My theory is if I don't make a New Years Resolution, Then I can't break it.
My New Years Resolution this year is not to make a New Years Resolution (at all). -Dame Orchid

If fire really does hate water, it's not because they are opposites, it's because water kills fire. Sort of like how people hate poinonous snakes and spiders, or people with peanut allergies hate peanuts.
Well, that's how I see it, anyway. -Dahlia

So far I think you have the coolest first job. -Dame Orchid

Nadia, you're nuts! :) I honestly don't want to know who your victim was, because they are probably being carted off to a mental home right now.
Later.
P.S. Could you come to my house ? There's this guy.... -BookSnob

Spirit Fingers in their peripheral is also very effective. :) -21

What kind of toy is a bendaroo anyway??? The only way it could be fun is if the wax really was magical. But even then it would still be lame. :P -Dahlia

Magical wax, I'll have to start working on that. After I'm done with economy. -BookSnob

(This is one part of a comment.)
How serious is 'or else'? (or else I'll steal your boyfriend, or else I'll your stalk you, or else I'll tell the world, or else I'll eat your cheeseburger, or else I'll blow up your dog.) -BookSnob

That reminds me of the episode of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends where Terrence imagined a pizza friend... and then ate it. D: -Dahlia

That reminds me of the episode of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends where Terrence imagined a pizza friend... and then ate it. D: -Dahlia

Poor baby Nadia, how dare Disney! :)
When I was about that age, I was watching Gatorade commercials (you know the ones where the people sweat purple or red or lime green sweat.) So one day, my Grandpa took me and my sister to a golf course and told us to choose a drink. I chose a beautiful lavender (that tasted pretty terrible.) So I was sweating, and I was sweating, but it wasn't purple. I was soooooo sad (but not as sad as when my dad took me Ice skating and I didn't skate like on TV, that was sad.)
Your not purple and not a pro ice skater,
BookSnob -BookSnob

Luckily, I never used that term (okay, I probably used it once).
And I don't think the horror of monkeys in a barrel is anywhere close to the massacre on the minds of the youth that is known as High School Musical. *cringes*

I love Mario Kart!!! -Dahlia

Leaping leamurs Nadia!
Seriously, the Department of Homeland Security ought to hire you to inform them of the growing threats made in China and sold in Walmart.
Later. -BookSnob

Hey, don't diss V-Day candy! I love it!!! And everyone knows that holiday candy (even for stupid holidays) has magical properties that make it NOT go straight to your hips (it takes a detour first. Hehe. XD).

Your post was still funny. -Dahlia

So true, so true!

Oh, and yes the girls that I was talking about in my last post did actually fight, but they used books and other items as weapons against each other. But the fight didn't go on for long.

Have a nice day :)!

P.S. My verificatin code is 'fulasted.' It sounds like a vocabulary word that my English class will have someday. -SimplyShy01

I haven't read that book let alone any of the books from the Clique series. But I've seen the movie The Clique many times and it's great! The Clique series sounds good, I should read it someday.

Have a nice day :)!

P.S. I've noticed that you have 157 visitors from the U.S. and 1 from The United Kingdom and Italy! Congrats! -SimplyShy01

I don't plan on reading the Clique Series, but their titles make me laugh. -Dame Orchid

You know, you shouldn't accuse someone of being a leprechaun. Leprechauns living among humans are very protective of their secret, and sometimes resort to violence when they feel that secret is at risk. D:
I'd watch out if I were you. >_> -Dahlia

Whoa! You just may be right! Either that, or that is just one really big coincidence!

By the way, you write very well!

Have a nice day :)! -SimplyShy01

LEPRECHAUN! -BookSnob

(I love awards! I won't post the link this person posted, though.)
I've nominated you for the I Love Your Blog Award!!! Visit the following link to get your award! -Dahlia

Your blog is awesome! Awesome blog=awesome award. Total awesomeness.
By the way, I love the title "However long I chose to keep this up here quote." sooooo funny! -BookSnob

Well your blog IS awesome. That's a cute pic too!

btw, thanks for nominating mine! I know I haven't kept up enough... -Missy

That is so funny! And really cool. The nerdy ones are the smart ones... and I'd rather be nerdy than dumb. -Missy

The cell mate thing was hilarous! I swear! But who's your cellmate? Mine is Patrick :)

-Tes -Tesnim

That's great to here! I believe that I'm deticated to a story that I'm writing too! We have another thing in common!

Have a nice day :)! -SimplyShy01

Haha :]]

Don't feel bad :] I only have 13 pages and i have been working on it sence Thanksgiving!

Good for you for starting it up again!

Maybe you and i will be famous some day, and go to a castle in Ireland like Ally and some of her friends did! -Holly

Happy writing anniversary!!! XD -Dahlia

Seven o'clock: "Happy birthday to you..."

Holly: Count me in!

Nadia: Congrats! I'm sooooo envious... I'm only 15 pages in after two months.
I like to think of it as every typed page as two book pages (if the type size is right) I'm not sure if this theory is right. I write on weekends (which some times conflicts with school projects, study for science and chores, so I don't always get to it.) -BookSnob

I gave you a Sisterhood Award. See my blog for more information.

Have a nice day :)! -SimplyShy01

I feel loved >.>

Haha :]] Jking
Thats really kool -Holly

You think I'm great? Thank you! You too!

You definitly deserve the award!

Have a nice day :)! -SimplyShy01

Nadia,
What is BEDA? I looked it up on line and it came up with (I kid you not) Binge Eating Disorder Association and The Bureau of European Design Association.
So either your into European design or bingeing. Hmm, I'm pretty sure you don't mean either:)
Later. -BookSnob

Sigh. I'll be a good girl and wait (although it might kill me:) -Anonymous

Cool! (And I'm glad you're not bulimic:) -BookSnob

Yeah, I left a rambling comment on her post when I saw it. :]

I agree with you, to an extent but I don't think authors should tone down the use of the word immortal because immortal doesn't mean invincible... it doesn't mean that something can't be killed, it just means that they COULD live forever - which vampires can (well, you know, if they weren't fiction and all).

The dictionary definition of immortal that she gave does describe vampires, it doesn't say that immortals CAN'T die, it just says they're exempt from death and vampires are exempt from death (exempt - "free or released from some liability or requirement to which others are subject"). Dying isn't something vampires *have* to do, like it is for humans. -Lanna-Lovely

I had no idea my little post would spark a whole new post from someone else. *_*

And yes, I did mean hunters that hunt vampires (like Sam and Dean from Supernatural). -Dahlia

Lol, I can see how that may be scary.

I'd be freaked out living with a ferocious beast in the middle of no where.

Have a nice day :)!

-SimplyShy -SimplyShy01

Haha
Nice :]] I love it

Yea, there is a video of me, where i'm about 3 i think, and I have a HUGE blue puffy as all coat on. it was snowing like crazy in Concord (It's ok to say where i lived, because we don't live there anymore) And i was trying to get up the steps, but i though I had to use my head. Yea, it was embarrassing.....

Love!
-- Holly -Holly

I don't remember that show, but it does sound scary for a kid's show!

And as Dahlia said, Where are their parents? -Missy

Hehe, it was funny near the end when you kept saying you wanted to leave and it just kept asking questions. Evil computer. -Dahlia

I agree with Dahlia.

The conversation does sound quite interesting and entertaining, though.

Have a nice day :)!

-SimplyShy -SimplyShy01

I can agree, but I think that Angelina Jolie could beat Anne Hathaway.

Have a nice day :)!

-SimplyShy -SimplyShy01

I think I've only posted one pointless post. So I think it's safe to say I don't have the BEDA Crazy. :D -Dahlia (Or is it?)

I feel so bad for you! Watching an annoying, talentless brat with an identity crisis is the worst kind of torture known to man, in my opinion. Like, worse than Chinese Water Torture. D:
I'm glad to see you lived through it. You should get an award. ;) -Dahlia

That's so sad! I would be so upset if animals didn't like me (not saying they like me a lot, but they certainly don't hate me).

I wouldn't worry about camels too much. Everyone says camels are mean. -Dahlia

Wow. At least cats/kittens like you!

Have a nice day :)!

-SimplyShy -SimplyShy01

I totally agree with you.
I'm not a total tomboy but girls can really piss me off. Dude friends are better. -Kate Awesome

I'm not sure if I should be offended or not. -Dahlia

I really couldent agree with you more.

But some girls (like you and my self) are different. We're strong :]
I don't nag (and i bet you dont either)
I HATE gossip ( I bet you do to)
I don't really care about what i look like and what other people think of me.
I'm not obsessed with cloths. I hate shopping.
I'm trustworthy..or people tell me i am.
And they are annoying!

God...there WEIRD!

I agree with you :]

-- Hol -Holly

Interesting, I find some girls quite nice. But I do agree, some girls can be such brats and suck. I think that especially describes some of the High School girls.

Basically, not all girls are like that. I know a big amount of girls that aren't like that. Yet, I have heard and seen in movies girls like that.

It's kind of confusing I guess.

Have a nice day :)!

-SimplyShy -SimplyShy01

I hate all of her music. She's annoying and isn't a good singer. I also hate American Idol, it only brings bad (talentless) things into the world of music. >:P -Dahlia

well having created this show with my mother..we certainly didn't intend to scare anyone..and most people find it rather peaceful..it's just a fantasy of a little kid...have a nice day... -Mickey Paraskevas

*gasp* NO! No! No! Swine flu is horrible and has unfortunately, killed some people.

I can't believe you have it! That's horrible! I hope they (doctors and such) come up with a cure, quick!

And I'm also very sorry that your friends aren't good friends (what's what I understand from what I read).

If you can, please get better!

Have a nice day, hon :)!

-SimplyShy -SimplyShy01 (It's nice to know that people would freak out if I got a deadly disease. And I also eventually got it.)

you're not the only paranoid one...I think my sister might have the darn thing...so just incase I've taken upon myself to isolate her =))... -Maria

I completely understand...i don't like the Jonas Sisters-oops-Brothers...but they can be funny.... -Platinum Princess


You may be asking why I didn't number those. Well, I can't pick favorites AND I'm sure that's over 40.

I have just one question, however...

WHERE HAVE ALL MY COMMENTERS GONE?

Seriously! Whatever happened to BookSnob, or Missy, or Maria, or PlatinumPrincess, or Dame Orchid, or Holly, or SimplyShy01 and everyone else?! (Dahlia still comments most of the time, though.)

*Gasp!* They must've been taken in by the evil Dancing Vampires-Turned-Zombies That Hide In Your Closet! Or maybe Swine Flu got 'em! Perhaps it was the barreled monkeys! Or they were abducted by aliens! Did all the animals in the neighborhood decide that they hated BookSnob/Missy/Tesnim/Maria/Chrissy/Roe/Michaela/Orchid/Holly? Wait! I think I've got it! Santa and his elfin slaves got them! My God, I didn't realize he'd put the plan he stole from me in motion so soon! (Okay, sorry, I don't think I'm quite coherent at the moment.)

ANYWAY!

Your List Loving Blogger,
Nadia

3 comments:

Orchid said...

Nice list. I’m pretty sure that I either own, or have read half of your book list.

I loved the reasons for what could have happened to some of the commenter’s. Me, I've just been doing more reading (a lot more reading) than commenting lately (I'm on my 76th book this year).

Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

Hehe, awesome lists! XD

I seem to be having the same issue with comments. I'm just not getting as many as I used to, which is strange because I have more followers now.

TheBookBabe said...

i just now read this, and seriously about cried.
I was going through the comments, kinda disapointed i didn't see my name, and then I SAW IT!!
The sad part is that i don't even remember half of that....(:

But i'm back!!