December 28, 2010

Diary of a Freshman: How Not To Have A Boring Winter

It's winter break, you guys, and guess what! A miracle has occurred! My winter break hasn't been boring!

A wondrous feat, I know.

Do you know how I managed that? It comes with a life lesson.

Most importantly, if there's one person of group of people you usually hang out with and want to hang out with, do not resign yourself to boredom if they are busy. Every winter, I hang out with this group of friends, but I branched out and hung with some other people instead of focusing my attention on people who are busy or just don't feel like spending time with you.

Second, you don't have to wait for someone else to ask you. All it takes is a text or a wall post or something along the lines of, "We have got to hang out!" If there's a reply, then voilĂ ! You've got yourself some PLANS!

Don't be picky about who you go to the mall with. You'll have a good time, whether or not the person you're with is your best friend. By that I mean that even if you two or three are BFFLs, but are friends, go hang out. Do not limit yourself.

Plan well! Don't just say, "Let's go to the mall!" say "Let's meet at the Big Mall in the Food Court at one o'clock."

Hope this helped!

Your Blogger,
Nadia

No comments: