December 10, 2010

Diary of a Freshman: Duuun dun...dun dun...dun dun dun dun--FINALS!

Guys, in one week, winter break is here. Which means that on Tuesday, I start taking my finals. Dun dun DUN.

So I should be blogging, right? Finals are important. But I haven't been blogging too much, and won't be because they're FINALS! Which are IMPORTANT! So I'm studying. Or, uh, will be.

Some Tips For Final Studying
  1. Make a list of concepts and things that you need to review.
  2. Take your notes, binders, and textbooks home with you.
  3. Study in a small group of people who have your same classes. Individual study is good at first, but if you're iffy on some things (like pretty much everything you've learned on trigonometry), it can help to have someone there to explain it to you.
  4. Have your study partners quiz you.
  5. Do absolutely all extra credit stuff. You'll probably need it. Bring in bouche de Noël for French, calculate the circumference of the moon for Math, whatever you have to!
  6. Remember how you've been gliding through English class, not reading the books and saying "Need levels," every time you're asked about some character's motivation in A Raisin In The Sun, and relying on knowledge attained through the Percy Jackson books to cover up that you've yet to read a word of The Odyssey? Yeah, well, you might want to get around to reading those, because they WILL be on the final. Reading the SparkNotes version IN ADDITION will really help you out, and make sure to check out the Important Quotations section, and the take the quiz.
  7. READ DIRECTIONS. I got a C on a test because instead of putting down the letter which stands for the character, I put down their initials. Watch out for that.
  8. Make sure your calculator is in the correct function. When calculating sines/cosines/tangents, you'll need to go to Mode and then select Degree. Yeah, I know, same here, all I know how to do on my calculator is play games.
  9. Memorize EVERY FORMULA EVER.
  10. Pray for a snow day.
And that, my darlings is the formula for success.

I hope. I'm going to be spending the entire weekend studying (Oh no, I can't clean up after all my mom's cousins and uncles that are visiting!). And I study hard.

You know, I'm pretty sure that the school specially designs Finals Week to kill us. That way they won't have to order as many yearbooks. If you had met my teachers, you wouldn't doubt this possibility.

Your Blogger,
Nadia

P.S. Wish me luck!

No comments: