November 26, 2010

Crackling Logs and Ants

I was just sitting by the fire earlier, thinking about how snow arrived just in time, when I heard something. The fire was crackling.

I asked my sister if she heard it, and she said yes, and that it was made to do that.

Then of course, I started thinking about how it sounded like ants screaming as they burned to death, or maybe like their little bodies beings shriveled and burned up like POOF! That obviously made me wonder whether or not they used the bodies of ants in their fake wood recipe.

And what is someone dared some other guy to eat some of it? He would take a confident and defiant bite out of it, like it was no big deal. Then his lady friend would look at the box from which the log came from and cautiously notify him that the log was filled with ants. Mr. Log Eater's eyes would widen as he looked at the log in his hand with a mixture of disgust and abject horror, and would finally find his voice to say--

"Why would anyone make a log like that?"

To which his lady friend would reply, in quite a befuddled manner, "I don't know."

And at this point, I was laughing hysterically, and I asked the people in the room, "Isn't that so funny?" However, then they would either ignore my random musings to which many of them are accustomed, or they would give me that sideways look, and then I realized that this had only taken place within my head, and none of them had the foggiest idea of what I was talking about.

In other news, I saw Harry Potter again, but this time with cousins and sisters, and they kept asking me questions that I couldn't answer for fear of spoiling things. I'm pretty sure my cousin just gave up on trying to keep with the story an hour in, because she knew I could explain it to her.

Your Blogger,
Nadia

No comments: