April 22, 2009

Have Some Dignity, Kelly!

I'm sure that by now we've all heard Kelly Clarkson's newest song, "My Life Would Suck Without You." This is a song I despise.

I want you to listen to/read the lyrics. I'm going to post the parts I am making a point about.

...And honestly
My life would suck without you
...

...Either way I found out
I'm nothing without you
...

...And honestly
My life would suck without you...


And so on...

Okay, while the actual music does suck, I hate the idea of the song even more. The idea of the song is that she needs the boy to breathe, and that alone she is pathetic and worthless.

Nice message.

Kelly needs to get some dignity. Boys do not make you! Her life would suck right after the break up, but she'd get through it! She is not "nothing without" him!

What's really pathetic is that she needs this guy so much. If you've heard the first verse:

Guess this means you're sorry
You're standing at my door
Guess this means you take back
All you said before
Like how much you wanted
Anyone but me
Said you'd never come back
But here you are again


then you know that the boyfriend treats her like dirt, but she still grovels. It's like Helena and Demetrius (but worse. This Helena writes songs)!*

Don't know why, but I can't exactly explain my indignation and hatred. The reason for my indignation is that she is supporting all stereotypes and groveling for his love. It's just annoying.

Does anyone else get it?

Your BEDA Blogger,
Nadia

*From A Midsummer Night's Dream. And I'm talking about the first half of the play.

1 comment:

Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

I hate all of her music. She's annoying and isn't a good singer. I also hate American Idol, it only brings bad (talentless) things into the world of music. >:P